The Data Architect will play a key role at StackPros Inc., where we design, create, deploy, maintain and grow industry-leading Cloud Infrastructure, Big Data Analytics and Cloud For Marketing products, solutions and services.
We’re looking for a Data Architect who knows how to develop, design and maintain technologies that work for our clients. You know how to come up with strategies, solutions, and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data life cycle.
- Defining the policies & standards for cloud native data management for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data use
- Defining the data architecture for cloud native data management with expert level knowledge
- Skilled ETL knowledge with a high degree of proficiency in working with both structured and unstructured data, including collating disparate data sets from many sources
- Profile and analyze source data to determine the best reporting structures to build.
- Experienced with standardizing, normalizing or de-normalizing data sets. Automation, Scalability, and Documentation are front and foremost in your thought process.
- Helps with the process of profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
- Conduct dimensional modelling, metadata management, data wrangling, data cleaning and conforming, and warehouse querying.
- Use sound agile development practices (code reviews, testing, etc) to develop and deliver data products
- Creates Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Data Models as the representation of the enterprise’s data cross platforms, applications and systems, following the Enterprise Data Architecture standard and industry best practice and standards
- Defines & develops enterprise data architecture concepts and standards leveraging leading architecture practices and advanced data technologies.
- Provides thought leadership in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data governance, data integration, discovery, visualization, etc.
- Creates repeatable and process-oriented data modeling, data dictionaries, metadata, taxonomy, data flow, patterns, design justifications or other artifacts designs, architecture and strategies to entail the business concepts, relationship with defined rules, default values and naming conventions.
- Possesses expert level knowledge of data modelling concepts and is increasingly able to design, develop, and maintain advanced, complex, or mission-critical data models and datasets as well as assisting in developing high-impact, strategic insights.
- Drives the architecture of the data services & platforms in support of self-service, and the adoption of these services in the most effective way.
- Creates the data strategy to support Cloud data integration and transformation.
- Drives the creation of a detailed technology roadmap to lead the data technology transition from current state architecture to interim and then future state.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned Group/Functions on implementation of solutions.
- Researches/monitors industry activities to keep abreast of relevant data technologies.
- 5+ years experience leading engagements from design to implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise, cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure) and hybrid architectures to enable use cases in analytics and AI
- 5+ years experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
- 3+ years experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor based analytics
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders, working with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired; certifications in architecture (TOGAF), data engineering and development on GCP, AWS, Azure and/or Hadoop distributions are an asset.
- GCP certifications (Cloud Architect, Data Engineer) are an asset
- Snowflake experience is a huge plus
- Experience performing:
- Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Modeling Techniques and Methodologies, Extract Transform & Load (ETL) Tools, Cloud Data Architecture, Data Architecture Principle, Data Processes, Data Architecture Principles and Data Architecture Estimation
What’s In It For You?
- “Work From Anywhere” in Canada policy
- 100% employer-paid benefits package
- Regular yoga and meditation classes
- Fun Employee Events and Activities (Really!)
- Participation in Community Engagement