The Data Science Engineer will play a key role at DRVN Intelligence, required to help create and maintain industry-leading quality and efficiency of service and software delivery. The Data Science Engineer will be a part of the Data Analytics team and will be expected to meet and exceed DRVN Intelligence’s quality standards, while helping the organization rapidly expand advanced analytics workflows and capabilities.
- Participate in analysis of client data and formulate well-defined problem statements and recommendations for advanced analytical workflows that are usually provided as very open-ended problems
- Create and design dashboards by using different data visualization tools to present reports and insights, and support business decision making
- Design and develop ETL workflows for serving data to the dashboards as needed
- Write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate and manipulate data extracts
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify patterns from historical data, generate and test hypotheses, and provide product owners with actionable insights
- Create advanced analytical models using advanced statistics, machine learning or other methods for client-specific use cases
- Create production-worthy ML workflows and pipelines.
- Participate in the creation of Statements of Work and other Prospecting activities that require technical expertise and inputs.
- Participate in end to end analytical system design when needed, including end to end ETL, reporting and visualization workflows, ML pipelines (continuous training, continuous serving) and data modelling as required
- Design testing process, create and execute test cases for advanced analytical workflows
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and defects
- Maintain and exceed client satisfaction with DRVN Intelligence Inc.’s deliverables, day-to-day work and overall value as a partner
- Cultivate opportunities for company growth, always seek areas where DRVN Intelligence Inc.’s role could be expanded
- Adapt to ever-changing client needs and expectations
- Maintain dedication toward achieving excellence in DRVN Intelligence Inc.’s delivery against client needs, and overall success as an organization
- Be an enthusiastic, positive and generally awesome team mate, mentor & constantly curious learner
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- 1+ years experience working on Data systems and advanced analytical workflows built on the cloud. GCP, AWS or Azure preferred
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis of data including correlation analysis, outlier analysis and hypothesis testing
- Strong understanding of data visualization concepts, different types of visualisation charts and choosing the appropriate visualisations to convey insights effectively
- 1+ years of experience building interactive dashboards using at least 1 data visualization tool such as Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI or Looker. Experience building visualisations exclusively using Python or other programmatic libraries will also be considered.
- 2+ years of experience using Python. Java or other programming language experience will also be considered
- 2+ years of experience using SQL. Experience writing large dynamic analytical queries will be a strong asset
- Strong understanding of regression models, classification models, neural networks, decision tree models and unsupervised learning models such as k-means clustering. Ability to analyze a problem and make decisions on the appropriate candidate models for the problem
- Experience building machine learning models on large datasets
- Experience in hyperparameter tuning and evaluation of ML models
- Experience using data science libraries such as pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, keras, nltk etc. Experience using Tensorflow is a strong asset
- Strong understanding of Feature Selection and Feature Engineering concepts
- Experience using ETL/orchestration/workflow management frameworks like Apache Airflow preferred, but not required
- Strong understanding of and experience with large scale OLAP databases and data warehouses. Strong understanding of Google Cloud BigQuery preferred
- Understanding of digital marketing ecosystems and tools like Google Marketing Platform, GA360, Google Ads, Adobe Suite etc. a strong asset
- Technical understanding of a range of marketing concepts such as cookie-based data collection, setting and leveraging audience segments, attribution modelling, A/B testing, knowledge of marketing KPIs and their calculation will be a strong asset.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential; candidate should be comfortable presenting and participating in group discussions of concepts with internal and external stakeholders
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 100% employer-paid benefits package
- Monthly yoga and meditation classes
- Regular Lunch and Learns from your Team Mates
- Fun Employee Events and Activities
- Participation in Community Engagement